The Polish Hussars or Winged Hussars, were one of the main types of the cavalry in the Crown of the Kingdom of Poland, (later also introduced into the Army of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania), between the 16th and 18th centuries. When this cavalry type was first introduced by the Serbian and Hungarian mercenary horsemen in the beginning of the 16th century, they served as light cavalry banners in the Polish army; by the second half of the 16th century and after Stephen Báthory's reforms hussars had been transformed into heavy armored shock cavalry. Until the reforms of the 1770s the husaria banners were considered the elite of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth cavalry.
St. Mary's Square - square in Krakow's Old Town, adjacent to the Main Market Square. It was created after 1802, after the liquidation of the parish cemetery around St. Mary's Church.
Today the square is adorned with "Trash pigeons" with a statue of bronze. Well was designed by John Budziłłę, and figure (plus a replica of one of the statues of the prophets of the cabinet frames the central altar of Veit Stoss) made Francis Kalfas. It is a gift to the city of Krakow craftsmen made in 1958.
The Kraków Barbican is a barbican – a fortified outpost once connected to the city walls. It is a historic gateway leading into the Old Town of Kraków, Poland. The barbican is one of the few remaining relics of the complex network of fortifications and defensive barriers that once encircled the royal city of Kraków in the south of Poland. It currently serves as a tourist attraction and venue for a variety of exhibitions.
Avenue of Stars in Krakow - avenue of stars located on the Boulevard Czerwieńskim in Cracow Wawel Hill. Avenue is a joint project of Krakow authorities and RMF FM. Avenue, which is to honor outstanding musicians and bands from the Polish and the world, created since 2008. The first star, June 28, unveiled a Canadian singer Celine Dion
Among Kraków’s most well-known landmarks, this sculpture in the western corner of the market square is a popular meeting place and at some point serves as a photographic backdrop for almost every tourist who visits the city. Affectionately referred to as ‘The Head’, the bronze body part’s official title is ‘Eros Bendato’ (Eros Bound) and is the work of Polish artist Igor Mitoraj.
The Wawel Dragon , also known as the Dragon of Wawel Hill, is a famous dragon in Polish folklore. His lair was in a cave at the foot of Wawel Hill on the bank of the Vistula River. Wawel Hill is in Kraków, which was then the capital of Poland. In some stories the dragon lived before the founding of the city, when the area was inhabited by farmers.