Saints Peter and Paul Garrison Church (Lviv)
Saints Peter and Paul Garrison Church (1610-1630) is known to Lviv's residents as the Jesuit Church and was built in the style of early baroque in the beginning of the 17th century. The building resembles Rome's Il Gesù Cathedral and is considered one of the most beautiful religious buildings in Lviv. The church was reopened on December 6, 2011 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. The rite of consecration of the church building and the celebration of the first Divine Liturgy was done by Archbishop and Metropolitan of Lviv of UGCC bishop Ihor Voznyak.
Latin Cathedral, In the years 1761–1776 the Cathedral was refurbished in the Baroque style and a tall bell tower was added. In 1776 the wonder working icon of the Mother of God held in the Cathedral was crowned and placed in the main altar. In 1892–1898 the presbytery was remodeled in the Neogothic style and stained glass, designed by Józef Mehoffer and Jan Matejko were installed. In 1910 the Cathedral was granted the status of a minor basilica by Pope St. Pius X.
The Latin Cathedral is one of the just two churches in Lviv that weren't closed or subjected to the Muscovite Patriarchate during Soviet rule (the other being the Roman Catholic church of St. Anthony in Lychakiv), however during that time the bishops resided in Lubaczów, a town in southeastern Poland, close to the border with Ukraine. In 1991 Pope John Paul II reactivated the diocese.
Roofs of Lviv, The photo shows the house of Legends, picture made from chocolate factory
Lviv Theatre of Opera and Ballet
The Lviv Theatre of Opera and Ballet (Ukrainian: Львівський Державний академічний театр опери та балету імені Соломії Крушельницької, L'vivs'kyi Derzhavnyi akademichnyi teatr Opery ta baletu imeni Solomyiyi Krushel'nyts'koii; Eng. Lviv State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre of Solomiya Krushelnytska) is an opera house and theatre located in Lviv, Ukraine. The building was built between 1897 and 1900. The Lwów Opera was originally called the Grand Theatre (Polish: Teatr Wielki; Ukrainian: Великий міський театр, Velykyi Mis'kyi Teatr) until it was renamed in 1939 by the Soviet authorities.
In October of 1939, the building was housing the People's Assembly of Western Ukraine.
Ivan Franko National University of L'viv
is the oldest continuously operating university in Ukraine and one of the oldest in Europe. It is located in the historic city of Lviv in Lviv Oblast of Western Ukraine.
Ivan Franko National University of L'viv is the oldest continuously operating university in Ukraine and one of the oldest in Europe.